There’s nothing earth-shattering about this list, and of course every baby is different. But for what it’s worth, here are our favorite baby gadgets for the first six months.
- Halo sleep sack – we love this sleep sack that has the option to swaddle with arms in or out. Keeps baby warm and cozy without the fear of loose blankets covering the face.
- Aden and Anais muslin swaddle blankets – these lightweight blankets are so versatile. We used them to swaddle, as burp rags, and as a breathable stroller cover to protect from the sun.
- Dohm white noise machine – *clank!* Did you hear that glass in the sink? Maddie didn’t! We love this sound machine to help block out household noises while baby sleeps. It has adjustable sound levels, which is really helpful depending on the size of the room you’re using it in. We don’t travel without this little machine!
- 4moms infant tub – this bathtub constantly cycles through new clean water and has a temperature gage that beeps at you when the water is too warm. The tub is pretty big, and doesn’t fit in our kitchen sink like I’d hoped it would. But it works really well in our bathroom tub.
- Bright Starts activity gym – easy entertainment! It comes with toys and links, and can be used for laying down, tummy time, or sitting. The play mat is machine washable too!
- Lightweight travel stroller frame – just attach the infant car seat and voila! This stroller frame makes running errands a cinch. It’s super lightweight and folds up pretty thin. Perfect for a trip to the doctor’s office or running into Target before baby is big enough to be carried or ride in the shopping cart. Babywearing is of course a great option too, but I’ve found this stroller and it’s storage basket very helpful many a time!